Thursday 26 December 2013

An incredible experience - where to next?

So, I'm back in the UK now, getting used to the time zone and food again. To say goodbye to my time in China, I wanted to show a collection of pictures from my favourite times, or from stories that didn't make it to a blog post.
Thanks for reading about my adventures, we'll see where I'll go next!
Merry Christmas
Wu kang lu
At Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Centre
At Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Centre
Sundial at Century Avenue
Cooked pumpkin stuffed with sweet rice
A street seller blowing sugar figurines - talk about asbestos hands!
Korean potato swirl on a stick
Pouring sugar shapes of Zodiac animals
Sugar dragon
A snail I found in my dish at the campus canteen!
Carving a pumpkin for Halloween in the lab
The Bund on our pumpkin - which won us the Halloween competition on Zai Shanghai!
Let's see how much fun we can have with dry ice
Lights at Nanjing Road West
What?!

My Hungarian friend Kálmán from my dorms discovered this bust of Petőfi Sándor, a famous Hungarian poet (whom incidentally, we had a reading of at my wedding!) Check out Kálmán's Hungarian expat blog here
Lotus pond at Renmin Park
Plate spinning
Sweet potatoes with melted sugar!
Cathedral at Xujiahui
Crying with laughter at KTV
Smoggy days
Fresh hot pot ingredients ready for cooking!
Ridiculously long sheet of tofu
Ice sculptures of polar bears at Xujiahui
My favourite little guy at the orphanage - I wish I could have adopted him!
So cute! I miss him so much
My friend Michael who taught me some Chinese, with his room mates (L -R Constantine, Chris, robot, Michael and Eric)
Blizzard thick ice cream milkshakes, so thick, they're served upside down!
Blizzard thick ice cream milkshakes!
Jin Mao Tower from the ground up
Looking down all 88 floors at Jin Mao Tower
Shanghai World Financial Centre (or the "bottle opener")
So that's China done. Where to next?

1 comment:

  1. Great post, very nicely written blog, looking forward to your next adventure trip..

    ReplyDelete